Monday, November 30, 2015

With a Twist of Lime

Back to Work in Sour Colors--Monday, 11/30/15

I thought this lime green/burgundy color combination (and outfit overall) was spectacular!

From chasingdavies.com

My burgundy skirt is more on the pink side than the maroon side, but I thought it still worked pretty well.  Because my lime sweater vest is sort of short, I wore my lace-hemmed black top under it.

When I was getting ready to leave for work and saw that it was below freezing (31 F) and snowing (about 2" so far), I added my black moto jacket to have with me at work, just in case my office had decided this was the moment to start getting cold.  Until now, my particular office has been a warm spot in the building (esp. compared to the frigid restroom), but if last winter is any guide, the cold will kick in at some point.  There is a chance that the window fix the maintenance people did a while back will help, but I'm not counting on it.  As it turned out, I didn't need it at all.


Burgundy pencil skirt (Nordstrom), $2.50/wear
Black long-sleeved T with lace hem (thrifted, Coldwater Creek), $0.80/wear+
*Lime sweater vest (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $3.00/wear+
Brown leopard scarf (Kohls), $6.10/wear
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $4.37/wear


Outfit total: $16.77/wear

This is a case where my version of the outfit fell appreciably short of the awesomeness of the original inspiration, but I enjoyed taking a chance on an unusual (to me) color combination.

And it was a good day to wear tall boots--mine are leather but they've been treated to be water-resistant, so they hold up just fine to a short walk across the parking lot (and I dry them off with paper towels once I get in to work, if needed).


In other news...Somebody at work took an extra vacation day today, even though she was supposed to work on a file for me.  Oh well, I told my boss what was up and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem that we won't be meeting our deadline for those reports. 

My sister sent me a Fitbit for my "birthday/unbirthday" present (she knows me well, right?)!  Soon I will have all kinds of new data to play with.

4 comments:

Tam said...

I like the layer of black peeping out in the middle.

Sally said...

Yay! A vote of approval! Thank you :)

Jen M. said...

I thought you'd like the data aspect :) Also hope that there are enough color choices in the bands to coordinate with your outfits!

Sally said...

Teal/aqua and bright pink/magenta are two of my primary accessory colors, so I think we're in good shape coordination-wise. (Maybe I will get in good physical shape, too!)