Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Last of Summer?

A Close Call--Sunday, 11/1/15

One benefit of the surprisingly warm temperatures inside my apartment this weekend is that I was able to wear my definitely-summer-weight beige cardigan within the Work the Wardrobe Challenge year.  If I had to wait for things to warm up again after winter, I don't think I would have made it by the middle of April.

I used the very first inspiration photo I found, even though I don't have the blush pink top (or red/maroon pants, for that matter) in her outfit.  But hey, needs must, you know?

From designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

I keep thinking I've worn my last summer-in-autumn outfit but I keep being wrong about that.  I guess I should enjoy it while I can.  We're expecting highs in the mid-60s through Wednesday, then dipping down to highs in the mid-to-high 40s for the rest of the week.  But for today, with the windows open, this is a perfectly comfortable outfit.


White short-sleeved T (Lands End), $2.00/wear
Red hiking skirt (thrifted, Macy's), $1.50/wear
Beige tie-waist cardigan (thrifted, Eddie Bauer), $2.50/wear+
Red bubble necklace (Outfit Additions), $2.00/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $3.57/wear

Outfit total: $11.57/wear

The bubble necklace trend is over but I continue rocking it in my own home.  Let's party like it's 2012!


In other news...One of the blog posts that never got beyond my giving it a title was:

"Do What You Love" and Other Bad Career Advice

So naturally I enjoyed seeing an article this week about the worst career advice in the world.

Friday was so stressful, and Monday is going to be insane, so I am really enjoying this weekend of not-working--and thankful for the fall back that is giving me an extra hour of it!

2 comments:

jen said...

Super cute! Summer just won't die here either.

Sally said...

I just hope we don't go from warm to snow in 2 days!