Thursday, November 5, 2015

Watercolor

Green and Purple On Repeat--Thursday, 11/5/15

Today's Reverse Inspiration features a mint top and a black floral clutch.

From dresscorilynn.com

Mint and black floral print are a nice combination, if I do so say myself.  Especially when the black "floral" is my Monet watercolor tuxedo jacket.


Black floral Monet tuxedo jacket (thrifted, Target), $1.67/wear+
Black pants (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $0.83/wear
Mint shell (Nordstrom), $13.00/wear
Purple "gumdrop" necklace (Target), $3.47/wear
Black buckle flats by Me Too, $3.35/wear

Outfit total: $22.32/wear

It's a day for items in quotation marks because I am wearing a "gumdrop" necklace as well.  (Note: do you have any idea how hard it is to type gumdrop?  I think I've typed it "gumpdrop" at first every single time.)  It's been a week for repeats.  First my green, then purple pants from JCP.  Now my green, then purple gumdrop necklaces from Target.  A very odd coincidence.


In other news...Another exhausting day.  Why does the extra hour this weekend make me feel like I got less sleep than usual?  I guess the rainy weather isn't helping.  I'm just thankful that this time tomorrow, it will be the weekend again...FINALLY.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

gumdrop - just trying it out. Yep, I also want to stick a p in there. And it's not like I type gump or gumption every day. Or even umpire (which I accidentally typed as upmire the first time).

Sally said...

Debbie, thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only one. It's odd, isn't it? (I do not even own a Forrest Gump t-shirt to complicate matters...) Perhaps we need more practice typing "humdrum" to get it right. (Of course, I can type "humdrum" with no difficulty whatsoever!)