Friday, November 20, 2015

Floral Friday Finally

Another Day, Another Long Necklace--Friday, 11/20/15

I love the dark floral print in this inspiration photo.  I don't have one quite like that, but the basic idea of dark floral print blouse, dark jacket, dark pants, and ankle boots was a good one.

From bridgetteraes.com

I felt oddly Texan in my bootcut jeans and pointy-toed ankle boots.  I showed Robert the length of my jeans with the boots and he approved them as long enough.  When I wear these jeans with ballet flats, I sometimes wonder why I haven't hemmed them and usually suppose that it's laziness.  And maybe it is, but the benefit is that they are perfect with boots.


Black blouse with beige flowers and band bottom (thrifted, the Limited), $1.33/wear+
Black ponte knit blazer (Target), $2.50/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target), $0.50/wear
*Black/silver pendant (JCP), $15.37/wear+
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman, $4.11/wear

Outfit total: $23.81/wear

And yep, the necklace is the sibling of the red one I wore yesterday.  This is my inexpensive version of the $80 Kendra Scott Rayne necklaces that every fashion blogger has been wearing this past year.  I saved $65 each and I kind of like that it isn't an exact me-too of the necklace everybody is wearing.

In a weird coincidence, this is the "other black floral top with a banded hem" that I accidentally tried to wear on Monday.  It's amusing to wear them both this week.


In other news...I have had a super-productive couple of days at work, figuring out some stuff I didn't know how to do, and got to leave today feeling like this.


"I am the smartest woman alive!"

No comments: