Sunday, November 15, 2015

Yet More Weekend Dots

Working the Frump--Sunday, 11/15/15

Sometimes I see an outfit that looks so much cooler than it seems the pieces should be together.  When I have similar items myself, I've got to try to recreate it and see how much of the coolness is lost.

From funkyjungle.it

In this case, mine is definitely significantly less cool than the original.  I mean, I'm not all the way to changing my blog name to FrumpyJungle or shopping at Lady Frumperton's Fashions, a defunct store in Fallout 3 that I visited this week, or voting for Donald Frump, but...yeah, the loose-fitting items on my figure don't have the tomboy charm that the tighter-fitting items do on her.


Cream cable knit pullover sweater (thrifted, Jeanne Pierre), $1.67/wear+
Olive pants (thrifted, Coldwater Creek), $0.71/wear
Blue polka dot scarf (Target), $2.00/wear
Taupe smoking slippers (thrifted, Gap), $3.33/wear

Outfit total: $7.71/wear

Nevertheless, this was a comfortable weekend outfit and the bright blue scarf was pretty and cheerful. 


In other news..."Women are Just Better At This Stuff"--an article about the unpaid emotional labor women provide in the workplace and in the home.

My favorite quote: “He is looking for stuff. Have you seen my nail filer? He goes to the closet and says he cannot see it. It’s there. ‘Where do we keep the kitchen towels?’ He asks me time and time again. After the third or the fourth time, that shit needs to be learned.”

And Bunday wouldn't be Bunday without a bunny!  So here you go.  He's got a kind of dotty fur pattern and is anything but frumpy.  (Grumpy, though? Probably.)

 

2 comments:

mom said...

Does the guy looking for stuff and not finding it remind you of anyone you know?

Sally said...

Yes, EVERY MAN EVER.