Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Midweek Pink and Black

The Tights Saga Continues--Wednesday, 11/18/15

If I were awarding a Most Valuable Player award to the Reverse Inspiration bloggers, Alice would be the hands-down favorite.  I think it's because she can always be counted on to combine bright colors and interesting patterns...as she did here with bright pink and black (and a top that mixes a floral pattern and a grid pattern, all by itself).

From happinessatmidlife.com

It seems strange to me that bright pink has become one of my signature colors.  But I like how it pops against this mostly black outfit.


*Purple/black/pink drapeneck knit top (thrifted, Kenneth Cole), $4.00/wear+
Black pencil skirt (thrifted, Briggs New York), $1.00/wear
Drapey bright pink cardigan (Macy's), $2.40/wear
Black tights (Assets by Spanx/Kohls)
Black buckle flats by Me Too, $3.15/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $5.79/wear

Outfit total: $16.34/wear

I think of this fish charm necklace as a summer piece, so I am really trying to break out of that habit of thinking and wear it during other seasons.  I mean, fish are fish year-round, no?  And up in the frozen north, ice fishing is a major thing in the winter.


Tights update:  I was so excited to try my new tights from Target, but they are horrible.  When I took them out of the packaging, I was unhappy with the thin fabric...and unhappier when I ripped a run in them while trying to put them on.  They don't seem like tights--they're like slightly thicker pantyhose.  Robert wondered if it was because they were too small.  I routinely size up in tights, and I bought the largest size Target carries, which is supposed to fit up to 5'11" and 230 pounds, so that should have been plenty big.  I think they ripped because they're ultra-crap quality, not because they were too small.  Anyway, this weekend I will be returning my multiple pairs of $9 tights to the store for a refund.  Those tights were such a bargain. BAH.

Luckily the burgundy sweater tights I ordered from Kohls seem to fit great and be durable enough to last at least a full 10 minutes of wear!  (I actually have much greater hopes for them.)  They are much better deal than the Target ones even if they were...oh wait...$8.99.  Fuck you, Target tights.  At least the sweatpants with the rabbit on them from Target seem pretty awesome--loose and comfy without being sloppy-huge and I think they'll be cozy for winter (though I am wearing them now, too).

In other news...A local high school tennis phenom has signed at UC-Berkeley, where I bet you can play tennis all year round.

It has been a rainy week but I'm not complaining.  I mean, it's mid-November and liquid is falling from the sky.  It's amazing!

No comments: