Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Reading Books

Unusual Color Combo--Tuesday, 11/24/15

Focal item:  Dark grey crew neck cardigan

Grey, coral, and burgundy/maroon is not a top-of-mind color combination, but I liked the look of it in this inspiration photo.

From morepiecesofme.com
And the grey sweater + burgundy skirt combo was worn to good effect here.

From northwestblonde.com

The orange-y color against the purple-y burgundy was a little extreme in my outfit, but when I tucked in the top and put a scarf over it to break up the colors a bit, I liked it better.  (I think the coral + maroon combination is more promising.)


Dark grey crew neck cardigan (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $1.00/wear+
Coral top (Target), $1.75/wear
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $4.24/wear
Grey/coral tree scarf (Target), $1.33/wear
Grey tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $11.67/wear

Outfit total: $19.99/wear

All for the low price of under $20/wear!


In other news...Last night I finished the final book from my pre-wedding-trip Amazon order, The Wise Man's Fear.  It was a huge book, so it sort of felt like I was going to be reading it forever.  But then it ended (and waaaaaah, the third book in the trilogy is not out yet) and I realized that I am really low on books to read going into a four day holiday weekend--yikes! 

But I came up with two recent books that I really want to read--Elizabeth George's A Bouquet of Consequences (published Oct 27) and Robert Galbraith's [JK Rowling's] A Career of Evil (published Oct 20)--that had not yet come out when I went down to Texas.  And I ordered them from Amazon on Monday morning so that they should arrive with Prime shipping on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I do still have a few books from my mom to read, so I started Storm Front by John Sandford, from a long series about a Minnesota good-ol-boy investigator.

I know it must sound like I do nothing but take outfit photos and play Fallout 3, but I'm still reading a lot of books, too.  I have a pretty big backlog of books that I am meaning to write brief reviews about.  We'll see if I can get started on that again sometime soon.

No comments: