Monday, November 2, 2015

What To Wear For Impossible Data Requests

Repeating Myself--Monday, 11/2/15

I loved the bold black and white striped sweater as she wore it here.  I don't have a sweater quite like that, but I figured I could do something with a striped sweater, bright green pants, and maroon shoes.

From lindsayliving.com

Wow, I didn't realize until I saw the photos next to each other that our pants are virtually identical (I think hers are a bit shorter and not cuffed, but still).  But because my sweater is relatively sedate, I decided to punch things up by adding a scarf.


Black and white striped pullover sweater with collar (thrifted, JNY), $2.50/wear+
Green pants (JCP), $2.20/wear
Maroon flats (Payless), $5.66/wear
Purple/red/yellow semi-floral scarf (Target), $1.33/wear

Outfit total: $11.69/wear

I'm pretty sure I've worn this sweater/scarf combination before, but when I looked at my (copious) scarf options, this one jumped out as a great complement to the sweater.  Oh well...pairing this top half with bright green pants and maroon flats is new at least.

I've been wearing these green pants a lot lately--this makes 3 times in 13 work days!  I don't usually wear clothes that frequently (especially something as stand-out as bright green pants), but I wanted to wear these pants one more time while this lovely sockless season remains.


In other news...Another tiring day.  I ended up calling the Excel Pivot Table Hotline (aka Robert) for some help because I have basically never used pivot tables before.  I know, that's weird because it's such a basic Excel feature, but I always do that kind of analysis in another program (usually SPSS).  But for the Impossible Data Request, I need to set everything up in Excel so that my end user and his staff can delete records from the data if they need to and have the summary table automatically update.  Excel continues to boggle my mind with its non-intuitive

My irritation over this project continues as I have both too little time and too little information to proceed with it in a reasonable way.  Two colleagues emailed the requester yesterday afternoon for some clarification, and after not hearing back from him today--with the deadline being noon tomorrow--it's reached the point where, Fuck it, I guess I get to decide how this is being done then.

No comments: