Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Not Quite Christmas Colors

With a Green Gumdrop--Wednesday, 11/4/15

I liked this somewhat unexpected combination of burgundy and green.  Red and green are hard to pull off without looking like a Christmas tree, but I thought this variant on the concept worked well.

From exploringmystyleblog.blogspot.com

I decided to create an autumnal business casual version of it, and I was happy with the result.  I switched out a grey blazer for the cardigan, looser pants in a fall green color for the bright jeans, and leopard print ballet flats for the sandals.


Burgundy knit top with drape front (Lands End), $5.50/wear+
Olive pants (thrifted, Coldwater Creek), $0.83/wear
Light grey blazer (JNY), $2.94/wear
Green "gumdrop" necklace (Target), $7.80/wear
Olive leopard flats (Nordstrom Rack), $7.49/wear

Outfit total: $24.56/wear

But my top looks virtually identical to hers, and I also have a chunky light green necklace to wear with it.  (This necklace is a shade that's turning out to be a bit hard for me to wear, so I was pleased to make it work here.)


In other news...I'm pretty sure the draft post title "More School Grades" dates from my student days, but it's quite apt for my current life as well.  I've been working with data of this type for a year and a half now, and it continues to amaze me with its complexity.

I'm glad that the Project That Ate My Brain appears to be done with (for now), but it's kind of hard operating without a brain.  I hope more of mine has regenerated by tomorrow morning.

No comments: