Friday, November 27, 2015

The Aftermath

Lumpen--Friday, 11/27/15

Focal item: Over-sized cream pullover sweater

I liked this as an inspiration for a comfy weekend outfit that includes pants that aren't jeans, something I rarely do, and my big-ass cream sweater.

From alittlebitofcheer.com

A very common piece of (quite good) style advice is to pair an over-sized item with other items that are more lean and/or structured.  Well, not today, my friends.  Today is Comfort Uber Alles.


Over-sized (men's) cream pullover sweater (thrifted, Fieldgear), $2.50/wear+
Olive pants (thrifted, Coldwater Creek), $0.63/wear
Fuchsia/cream/olive tie dye scarf (Target), $6.00/wear+
Orchid flats by Born, $2.08/wear

Outfit total: $11.21/wear

I have found it harder to wear this scarf ever since I donated my old lime-to-olive/magenta linen skirt, but I thought this combination worked out quite nicely.


In other news...In case you wondered, it is possible to eat an entire (low-sugar) pumpkin cheesecake in 2 days.  Having started with a 3.5 pound ham (!!), we are going to be working on that for a while.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

My Grandma Miller (yes, the Jewish one) liked to use leftover ham in soup. I also like it added to cheesy things like grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese and cheese scrambled eggs or quiche. I would also like it in fried rice.

In Belgium, you can find ham all kinds of places where you don't expect it. Like spaghetti. Let's just say that the time I visited Belgium with my semi-kosher sister and my friend who hates ham, I ate so much ham just taking care of their unexpected ham that I wasn't in the mood for ham for years afterwards. (The aforementioned friend says that "cordon-bleu" is French for "they hid ham inside this.")

Sally said...

Love your friend's definition of cordon-bleu!

Grilled cheese and ham sandwich is pretty much the bomb. Of course, straight up ham and cheese is good, too.

Sally said...

But given my penchant for truly easy cooking, I think I will probably follow this recipe:

1. Remove leftover ham from fridge
2. Put ham on plate
3. Eat

In a pinch, I will omit step 2.

Debbie said...

Ha!

That recipe is gluten-free, too!