Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Blues for Friday the 13th

Can't Stop Won't Stop Wearing the Navy Vest--Friday, 11/13/15

Let me absolutely clear about this--those clogs are hideous! However the idea of a blue top, jeans, and a green/blue/white printed accent piece was sound inspiration for wearing my (many, many years old) blue long-sleeved t-shirt.

From bridgetteraes.com

I substituted blue leopard oxfords for the Ugly Clogs of Doom (I mean, seriously, in the photo, those things look plastic!) and added the 70s style open weave vest because I can't help myself.  I tied the scarf semi-Daphne style for extra scoobaliciousness.


Cobalt blue T (Walmart), $2.50/wear+ [this is funny--in the pre-tracking days, I probably wore this a dozen times]
Navy sleeveless cardigan (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $0.75/wear
Straight leg jeans (Kohls), $1.18/wear
White/green/blue paisley/floral scarf (Target), $0.92/wear+
Blue leopard Oxfords by C Label, $1.75/wear+

Outfit total: $7.10/wear

Well, even with an over-stated amount for the t-shirt, that's still a really low outfit total.

In other news...Tam sent this article about a study (ahem) of how quickly people hate Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz, calling it "unethical research."  Heh.

What Tam doesn't know is that social psychologists the world over are extremely excited about the results of this study.  Instead of measuring aggression in the lab by seeing how much hot sauce a participant is willing to give to a target individual who is known to dislike spicy foods--the Hot Sauce Paradigm (HSP)--social psychologists can see how many seconds of exposure to Ted Cruz a participant is willing to force upon a target--the Ted Cruz Paradigm (TCP).

The Hot Sauce Paradigm, you scoff?  I am not making this up.

I don't know about Ted Cruz.  I don't think I've been exposed to him for even a second yet.  However, I did absolutely, completely, immediately detest whichever the Republican candidates was in the clip on NPR one morning this week, criticizing an opponent by saying how it isn't conservative to increase military spending by $1 bazillion (or whatever), saying the word conservative in this annoyingly over-emphasized way about 5 times in 10 seconds.  Whoever that dude is, can't stand him.  I would rather be forced to eat mild picante sauce made in New York City than listen to that guy again.

In related news, I woke up Thursday morning from a dream in which I went to put salsa on some tortilla chips Robert had brought home from work, and what came out was this thick, chunky greyish-brown stuff that it took me a moment to realize was the world's ugliest canned (well, technically, bottled) chili.  I was greatly disturbed that Pace had decided to start selling chili in bottles identical to their picante sauce.  Definitely a brand extension too far!

Work this afternoon was a Friday the 13th clusterfuck I don't even want to talk about.  On with the weekend!  The disaster of Monday will come quickly enough (too quickly).

4 comments:

Tam said...

New York City!?

(Get a rope.)

Tam said...

Oh, and I think you may be talking about Rand Paul, judging by this clip, maybe: Rand Paul vs. Marco Rubio.

At 0:35 here, you can subject your own self to 4 or more seconds of Ted Cruz, if you dare: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5TCJIfuaw>Ted Cruz on immigration</a>.

Tam said...

Ugh, here is that Ted Cruz link: Ted Cruz on immigration.

Sally said...

Oh my god, he really is unbearable. His voice alone is very annoying (let alone the content).