Monday, November 9, 2015

Tights Season Begins Plus Life Style Challenge Update

Teal Animal--Monday, 11/9/15

This is one of those times I have no fucking idea what I was thinking.  It's like someone says, "Look at that cute shaggy dog," and you're like, "Yeah, I do need to stop by the store for a banana and a kumquat, thanks for the reminder."

So I saw this outfit...

From chasingdavies.com

...and I wore this one.


*Teal/black zebra print knit skirt (thrifted), $3.50/wear+
Black button up shirt (thrifted, Walmart), $1.33/wear+
Black tights, $1.32/wear
Black heeled oxfords (thrifted), $1.25/wear [well, since I've had these for about 20 YEARS, the true cost per wear is significantly lower, but I'll wear them enough this fall to get the cost down even on this measure]
Black tooth/claw necklace (Outfit Additions), $1.33/wear

Outfit total: $8.73/wear

I think it must have been the dark patterned skirt with a solid neutral button up shirt (not tucked in) that was my aha.


In any case, after a somewhat warmer than usual early fall, tights season has begun in earnest.  After a few weeks of wearing pants during the transitional season, it's nice to be back in skirts again. Be ready for tights overload in the weeks to come.

In other news...I have not given a Life Style Challenge update in a long time, so let's get back to it.

After a rocky couple of weeks around our trip to Texas, we are back on track with every other day exercise (and this is not Wonderland, so every other day does NOT mean yesterday and tomorrow but not today).

I noticed that I had been eating more than usual ever since coming home from the trip, so this weekend I tried to get things back to normal and was pretty successful.

The biggest change is that a week ago, we started a serious 10:15 p.m. bedtime during the week so that Robert can get ~8 hours of sleep every night.  At his job, his vacation days and sick days are combined into a single personal time off account, and in order to make our holiday vacation plans work, he doesn't have wiggle room for sick days until then.  When I asked him what we could do to keep him from needing any sick days, he said, Get 8 hours of sleep.  This past weekend, we stayed up a bit later on Friday and Saturday nights (about 10:30 and 10:40, respectively) but we also slept in a lot later than 6:15.

It's funny--I think because we started the earlier bedtime right after the fall-back time change, I was actually more tired than usual at work last week, despite getting a bit more sleep.  The time change always screws me up (even when it is theoretically an extra hour in my favor), and with rainy/cloudy weather and the evening dark coming on earlier than it had been, I was just so sleepy.

Today I felt oddly alert at work until mid-afternoon, when a day of staring at numbers on spreadsheets had taken its toll.  Not bad for a Monday, though!

No comments: