Monday, November 23, 2015

The Scarf Conundrum

Plus Working the Tights--Monday, 11/23/15

Reverse Inspiration #1:  Dark green skirt with a black/white plaid top.  In the ballpark.

From forsevenseasons,wordpress.com

Reverse Inspiration #2:  Dark teal skirt with snow leopard top.  Closer.

From ninethirtytofive.blogspot.com

Apparently other people don't have a black/teal floral/paisley top that matches their dark teal pencil skirts.  More's the pity.


Black/teal floral/paisley top (thrifted, Kohls) $2.00/wear+
Dark teal pencil skirt (JCP), $3.01/wear
Black cardigan (Walmart), $0.77/wear
Black tights
Black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $6.72/wear
Big dark grey ball necklace (Macy's), $2.31/wear

Outfit total: $14.81/wear

See what I mean about floral/paisley?  And since it's a pointillist pattern, I guess I could call it polka dot as well.  It's three...three...three patterns in one!  (Note to self: Wear this shirt more often.  It's so comfortable.  Try it in the summer with the bright teal pencil skirt.)


My office mate was dressed in the same colors as I was today.  A teal top with black pants and a very, very similar black cardigan.  

In other news...This weekend, we went through our drawers of winter gear because I was looking for some gloves.  And I found my black scarf in Robert's drawer.  Robert was like, Well, I have a scarf like that, too, you know.  But I took it and put it in my drawer anyway because I wasn't quite sure I believed him and in any case, that was the only scarf of its kind we found.

So when I was getting in my car after work today, I was trying to decide whether to leave the gloves I'd worn in the car or take them upstairs.  This made me think of my practice last winter of leaving my black gloves in the front seat of the car every day.  Huh, but they're not there now; I must have moved them...to the backseat of the car...with the black hat and black scarf.

Oops.  Sorry, Robert.  You can have your scarf back now.

But for the record, I did NOT take his work badge that he couldn't find this morning before work.  

Also: "The Scarf Conundrum" totally sounds like an episode of Big Bang Theory.

1 comment:

rvman said...

I figured it would turn up.