Thursday, November 26, 2015

What to Wear to Eat Pumpkin Cheesecake

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving--Thursday, 11/26/15

Jen's Reverse Inspiration combines light blue and brown in a winter work outfit.

From fashionablyemployed.com

I was initially going to do mine as a work outfit as well, but when I put on my too-short-without-tights brown skirt, I realized it was too short to wear to work with tights as well.  And there was something funny with the waistband too, so I put it in the Goodwill donation pile.  I substituted a hiking skirt and made myself a day-off-work outfit instead. 

I wore this today even though it's not the most forgiving waistband in the world.  But I didn't expect to be stuffed today (and wasn't).  On a related note, am I the only one who detests the term "food baby"?  I mean, seriously, do people ever eat so much food that they look pregnant??


Brown hiking skirt (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $1.67/wear
Light blue and brown striped pullover sweater (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $1.67/wear+
Silver chain necklace from Mom+
Brown tights
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $9.54/wear

Outfit total: $12.88/wear

Despite all the brown in my outfit and the bold stripes, it's not really a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving around here.  If we were doing a Brown family TG, I guess it would be more appropriate if I were dressed like Sally Brown, right?  (I do rock the bright pink often enough.)


In other news...We got our first notable snow of the season, though it did not stick to the roads.  A good day to stay in and play a lot of Boggle!  (My best word--in terms of being an unusual word, not in terms of points--was "baize," for which I even knew the definition, though I wasn't sure I was spelling it correctly.  Robert boggled.)

And a good day to enjoy our Thanksgiving feast, of course.  Robert bought a ham, but didn't notice that it was not pre-sliced.  So it was all, "the Grinch himself carved the roast beast" around here today.  I had my ham with roasted bell peppers followed by pumpkin cheesecake, of course.  I might have had pumpkin cheesecake for dinner as well.


It's also possible that I might have a done a bit of online shopping because of all the Black Friday sales.  Perhaps.

6 comments:

Tam said...

We had turkey (cooked in a deep fryer inside of the house, which seemed terrifying but worked out OK), mashed potatoes, roasted carrots (a mix of regular and fancy kinds), roasted brussel sprouts that had been cut into tiny pieces, cornbread dressing, and gluten-free gravy. Oh, and cranberry stuff from a can. And a choice of pumpkin cheesecake (my choice), pecan pie, and some kind of gluten-free pecan brittle that was said to be very good but which I did not try.

Sally said...

Yum, that sounds terrific. My turkey dinner is going to have to wait until I visit my parents for Xmas. My dad says they already have the turkey.

rvman said...

Yes, the grinch carved the ham, badly, using a steak knife. Didn't have the tools or the skills for the job.

Sally said...

We discovered that roughly carved ham tastes IDENTICAL to precisely carved ham. Lesson learned.

Tam said...

You mean rvman didn't cut it into a precise and delicate spiral? I'm shocked.

Sally said...

He went for a more cave man approach. When you hack at your meat yourself, instead of buying the spiral cut, it ensures a more paleo meal, you know.