Sunday, November 8, 2015

Joining the Barbie Army

...Sartorially, At Least--Sunday, 11/8/15

OK, sometimes these outfit inspiration take me in directions I really never thought I'd go.  I marveled at how Sarah made a green military/utility jacket and pink heels make sense together.

From sarahsreallife.com
I'm not going to wear pink heels, but how about ballet flats?


Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $7.50/wear
Black/white/grey striped top (Walmart), $1.67/wear
Olive birding jacket (thrifted, H&M)
Purple amethyst bead necklace by RB+
Orchid flats by Born, $2.27/wear

Outfit total: $11.44/wear

I am ready to kick some super mutant/raider/feral ghoul ass in this get-up!


In other news...After watching this video about the things wrong with the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1 movie before going to bed, I had two different dreams just before I woke up that were clearly related to it.

First, I was in a car with a person holding a brown paper lunch bag full of "bait" that he released into the car--squirrels, snakes, etc. came out of it, a plethora of critters that would never have fit into a paper bag at once.  Cue: Hermione's "bag of carry" type purse from the movie/video.

Second, I was in a store, like a Target store or department store, with my parents when they announced on the intercom that there was a terrorist alert in the building.  Everybody panicked, and my mom and I got separated from my dad.  We finally found him asleep in a recliner in the furniture section.  There was something wrong with his face--it was all strange and lumpy.  Cue: the scene in the movie/video where everyone changed their faces to look like Harry and as it wore off, their faces looked strange.  But we recognized him from the logo on his black jacket....which happened to be identical to the logo on Robert's black luggage that we used to recognize it in the baggage claim on our trip a couple weeks ago.

No comments: