Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Repeating Patterns and Revisited Projects

In-Vested--Wednesday, 11/11/15

You know I love me a vest.  This woman shows how smart a skirt, button up shirt, and suiting vest can look with mary janes.

From countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com

And when I saw how spectacular mint and black looked together with a heathery-grey in this outfit, I knew how I wanted to recreate the top outfit...using my somewhat awkward-fitting but awesomely-printed mint button up shirt.

From whyidodeclaire.com

For shirts like this, where I love the color/pattern but am not completely happy about the fit, a vest is a real winner.  (In this case, it feels comfortable enough but the shirt wants me to be ever so slightly smaller around the bust than I actually am.)


Mint chain print button up shirt (Kohls), $7.20/wear+
Black suit vest (thrifted, JCP), $2.00/wear
Dark microcheck skirt (thrifted, Banana Republic), $1.67/wear
Black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $8.39/wear
Black tights, $1.25/wear
Silver chain link necklace (from Mom)

Outfit total: $20.51/wear

And come on, I get extra points for matching the square chain link pattern in the shirt with this square chain link necklace from my mom, right? 


In other news...This morning I told Robert, I don't wanna go to work today.  I'm almost finished with my current project, which means I'll have to start looking at this other long-term project that I'm not in the mood to work on.  Then at a meeting I was asked if I could show the results of that long-term project to the team on Dec 2.  Well, I guess I'm going to be working on that project after all.  I've been sort of dreading working on it again because I need to do a bunch of tedious data checking to make sure that the data are coming through correctly (and the answer to that question is almost always no).

This afternoon, it's raining like cats and...well, like Robert's mom's cat...which is to say, viciously.

I feel like I should have at least one other pair of black tights than the ones I'm wearing today, but I can't find them, so I took advantage of the Veterans Day sales to order some.  Surely this means that as soon as the new ones arrive, I'll find my old ones in my tights drawer, right?  Or will I have to take the new tights out of the package and wear them before the old ones appear?  I never remember how that works exactly.

I also ordered a cream-white pencil skirt!  I hope it works out.  I also looked at about 8 different stores for a simple dark brown skirt and didn't find one to my size/color/style/price preferences.  I think a Goodwill trip is in order to replace my old too-short brown skirt (you will be hearing more about that later).

2 comments:

mom said...

Cute outfit and a great way to wear a blouse you wouldn't want to wear by itself!

Sally said...

Thanks! It's nice that vests are in style right now, not that I have any of the kinds of vests that are fashionable, of course, but still.