Friday, November 6, 2015

Week, End

Mixing the Blues--Friday, 11/6/15

Alice is working a black polka dot cardigan and blue floral dress for her Reverse Inspiration.

From happinessatmidlife.com

That's pretty damn close to my blue polka dot blazer and black (and blue) floral blouse.


Blue/black floral blouse (Kohls), $10.00/wear+
Blue polka dot blazer (Target), $5.00/wear
Straight leg jeans (Kohls), $1.24/wear
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $2.63/wear

Outfit total: $18.87/wear

I think these two patterns go together crazy well.  I decided to keep the rest of the outfit simple and subtle with jeans and solid flats (for yet more blue).


In other news...I thought this article about people at Bay Area tech companies introducing "Formal Fridays" was an amusing read.  I guess when the typical work uniform is sweatpants, ripped hoodies, and flip-flops, there's only direction to go from there!

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

For a while people at my work were partaking in "Fancy Fridays". It sort of makes sense, if you're going out after work anyway.

Sally said...

Cool, that sounds fun.