Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wasp Library Pokemon

Pinned It and Did It Chain Continued--Wednesday, 11/2/16

Back in March 2014, Erin at Loop Looks wore this outfit as part of a Pinned It and Did It challenge, in which she did her own version of someone else's outfit.  (She was going to wear a blue cardigan but when the blue cardigan she'd ordered from J Crew arrived, it was flame orange instead.  Oops.)  I decided to continue this chain with my own version of her outfit.

From looplooks.net

Believe it or not, I am wearing a white t-shirt under there.  But I decided I liked the cardigan buttoned up without the white showing--given the overall dark tones of my other pieces, the white stood out in a not-great way, and the cardigan has a nice fit when buttoned.  Like the original outfit in this chain, I went with leopard shoes (instead of the zebra ones that Erin chose).  Overall, I could argue that the darker colors of my outfit are more appropriate for fall than the lighter colors she wore in the spring, and that this is all intentional and everything on my part.  Ahem.


Blue t-shirt cardigan (Lands End), $5.00/wear
Grey polka dot skirt (Kohls), $2.04/wear
White short-sleeved crewneck T (thrifted, Lands End), $1.33/wear
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $7.33/wear
Grey tights
*Navy floral/leopard scarf (thrifted), $3.99/wear

Outfit total: $19.69/wear

Instead of wearing a big messy pearl necklace (which I don't own anyway), I wore this new-to-me scarf.  I don't typically double up on leopard print, but I tied it so that the floral side of the scarf is showing for the most part.  (Rather than being an integrated floral/leopard print, it's a two-sided scarf with one print on each side.)  A scarf is a more practical choice for fall in Coldville, and more importantly, it lets me get that pattern mixing in. 


This is a (somewhat banged up) Blue Morpho butterfly from the butterfly house at the state fair.


In other news...Archivist Wasp is a young adult post-apocalyptic fantasy novel full of ghosts that I enjoyed (I finished it Halloween evening--it's fairly short and goes fast).  Wasp is ghost hunter for the goddess Catch-keep, but has a tough, lonely, dangerous life fighting off upstarts who want to kill and replace her, trying not to get beat up by Catch-keep's priest, and trying not to starve or freeze to death.  Oh yeah, plus catching ghosts and destroying them, which she isn't into.  Then she meets a ghost who wants her help on a quest to the Underworld...which sounds pretty good compared to her normal shitty life.

This evening, we did our normal Pokemon walk along the river after dinner, hitting level 15, then drove to the library so I could pick up books from the tunnel locker/play more Pokemon in the park.  Well, they had already taken my books back (they keep them in the locker a pretty short period of time because locker space is limited, but it sucks because they don't reliably email you when the books arrive), so that didn't work out, but we did have fun playing Pokemon for about 15 more minutes while a lure was active.  There was also a LOT of gym activity going on--there are about 5 gyms in the immediate area and most of them changed teams multiple times while we were there.  We haven't yet joined a team but it's getting to be time.  The area near our apartment is dominated by the red team, but the park area doesn't seem to have a single dominant team, though yellow seems to be probably the most common color I see on the gyms there. 

Robert looked at the library web site and discovered that there is a branch library very close to my work!  It's open until 8 p.m. two nights a week, too, and 5:30 the rest of the week, so I could stop on my way home from work.  The only downside is that it isn't open on the weekend.  So I am going to try a new strategy of having my requested books sent there in the future instead of the tunnel locker, which is great in theory but so far has worked out about 50% of the time.  (I had just finished re-requesting the 2 books that weren't in the locker to be held for me inside the main branch where the locker is located--they keep the books on the hold shelf inside much longer than in the lockers--but I will try the new branch on my next set of books.)

No comments: