Monday, November 28, 2016

Puny

"Looking Professional, Not Feeling It"--Monday, 11/28/16

How to accessorize printed tops is the focus of this blog post from February 2015.  I love the combination she put together, though it raises for me that question I always have when I see a work outfit that relies on a colorful purse for visual interest:  So that looks awesome walking into the office, but then you put your purse away and walk around in a relatively boring outfit for the rest of the day?  I seriously do not understand this. 

From bridgetteraes.com

When I translate one of these outfit-with-an-interesting-purse ensembles into Sally-land, substituting a bright colored scarf is my go-to play.  I thought about doing that with today's outfit, but given that it's too cool to wear a blouse by itself, I had already put a blazer on it, and putting a bright pink scarf on top of that meant that the floral blouse was almost entirely obscured.  So I thought I'd let the white piping on the blazer be the point of interest instead.


Black/blue/pink floral blouse (JNY), $2.94/wear
Black shutterfold skirt (JCP), $1.40/wear
Single strand pearl necklace (Macy's), $1.95/wear
Black tipped blazer (JNY), $3.89/wear
Black tights
Black heeled Oxfords (thrifted), $0.56/wear

Outfit total: $10.74/wear

So rather than a pop of color, I have white flowers, white pearls, and white piping on the jacket all working together in harmonious accent to brighten up this black pseudo-suit.  Works for me.


This is the last of the floral dress photos from the state fair.


In other news...God, today wiped me out.  This going to work thing is tough.  It doesn't help that I think I'm either getting sick again or am suffering from a major allergy attack.  In any case, it's been a day of coughing, sneezing, runny nose, fatigue, and everything tasting weird.  Bah.  Even though the rain stopped, I wasn't even up to a Pokemon walk tonight, that's how pathetic I am.  I hope I feel better after a (probably inadequate) night's sleep because we have a crazy five day work week this week.  WTH is that all about.

No comments: