Friday, February 20, 2015

Yes I'm Wearing the Same Shirt I Slept In and Watching Movies

Sick Bunny--Thursday, 2/19/15

We interrupt our regularly scheduled work outfit post for this "stay home and feel like crap but at least I've got a bunny on it" outfit. 


"Cute as a bunny" thermal top (Kohls; also a blatant lie)
Bright pink t-shirt cardigan (Lands End)
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target)--still too long!
Grey slipper-shoes (Walmart)

In the evening, I finally watched the movie Captain Phillips that my parents had recommended about a zillion months ago--based on the true story of a container ship that was hijacked by Somali pirates in 2009.  It is difficult to express just how gripping a story it was (I mean, yes, it's got the whole "ship" thing going for it, which is always a plus in my book, but it really was good--Robert got sucked into it despite himself) and how harrowing the ending was.  Tom Hanks was excellent throughout but in the last 15 minutes or so...man.

So what other movies should I be watching?

4 comments:

jen said...

Have you seen The Good Lie yet? We recently watched Predestination, which was wild -- I wish I hadn't been doing our taxes during that movie, I really should have paid more attention to the twists and turns.

Feel better!

Sally said...

Thanks, I've added both of those to the top of my Netflix queue!

mom said...

Dad and I watched Archangel with Daniel Craig. It's an older movie, but really good. WE haven't seen The Imitation Game about Alan Turing, but we think it will be really good. We saw a documentary on Netflix streaming about him and it's fascinating.

Sally said...

Thanks for the recommendations, Mom. I've added them to my Netflix.