Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Last Week of Pattern Style Challenge

I'm reaching the point where it's getting hard to create February-in-Coldville compatible outfits with the remaining patterns on the list.  I think after this week, I'll switch over to something different.

Pattern Style Challenge Day 6: Floral--Tuesday, 2/17/15

Case in point:  this outfit.  Cute, but perhaps not quite as warm as I would prefer on a day with a high of 11 F.  Sweater tights are warm, but they cannot perform miracles...or can they?  I expected to be cold at work and I wasn't.  The thermasilk tank underneath was probably the thing keeping me from freezing. 


*Burgundy floral knit top (thrifted, JCP, 88 cents!)
Taupe grey ponte blazer (Target)
Burgundy pencil skirt (Nordstrom)
Grey sweater tights (Target)
Purple suede pumps (thrifted)
Amethyst bead necklace by RB

But I could not resist wearing this 88 cent bargain from my Christmas vacation thrift store outing with my mom and her sister.


A really strange thing:  later the same day that I had put this outfit together, I saw that Audrey at Putting Me Together had just posted the "I live in Southern California so there is no such thing as winter" version of my outfit.  Another odd instance of Audrey-Sally synchronicity.


Of course, I cannot type "Audrey" without thinking of my sister's lovely doggie.  I could totally see her, in some alternate universe, rocking a pink/purple floral outfit.  In this universe, I can only expect that it would get torn off as she ran through some bushes while chasing a squirrel.

In the evening, I found the button from my blazer on the floor next to my computer.  So starts my pile of minor sewing tasks.

3 comments:

mom said...

I really like this outfit. You should wear it again. And, Audrey (the dog) would be all girly until it's time to be a dog.

Sally said...

Thanks!

jen said...

Haha, love the imagery... that's so Audrey. She does look smashing in a purple harness though!

Cute outfit too! Someday you'll get to wear the non-winter version.