Monday, February 9, 2015

Leaf It To Me

In work-related news, I was in major awesomeness mode today.  My complicated index-matches populated my quarterly reports perfectly, and my macros were all cooperative, so I'm on track (knock wood) to deliver on schedule even though the data were two days late.  I completed a report specifically requested by our Biggest Wig on behalf of my over-burdened office mate, yielding an ALL CAPS WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS! email from our department head.  My planning prowess was remarked upon with great favor by my direct supervisor.  The head of the programs I have been searching for missing data on told my supervisor that he was amazed by my work (I think I have figured out where all of the data are!--even if some of the data are not immediately available to us).

I haven't had a day this good since (maybe a week and a half ago?) I was selected by my department head as the analyst from our department to sit on a new research/IT joint committee with "Excellence" in the name; the other analysts were assigned to a group tasked with playing around with data to come up with new reporting ideas for our new data visualization tool.  She told us that she made the assignments to play on our strengths (which is something she is really good at and that I like a lot--I cannot tell you how nice it is to be an environment that acknowledges and celebrates your strengths instead of constantly reminding you of your myriad deficiencies). Robert commented that my strength is in Excellence, which is no doubt true, but a small leadership committee tasked with planning, quality assurance, establishing best practices, making strategic decisions, making recommendations to senior leadership, etc., is a really good fit for me--a better fit than an innovation group.  I am all for innovation...but innovation with excellence!

Yep, these boots are made for kicking ass. 


Pattern Challenge Day 9: Conversational Item (Leaves) + Day 19: Leopard -- Friday, 2/6/15

And finally, the last day of pattern + dress/skirt challenge week!

I love this skirt so it was an easy choice for my conversational item pattern.  I recently purchased this bright pink sweater, which again was a no-brainer to pair with the skirt.  But the sweater is definitely too lightweight to wear alone on a winter day in Coldville, so I needed another layer.  This brown quilted jacket is something I forget I own, but it really comes in handy.  The pink/coral/orange/whatever leopard infinity scarf adds some subtle pattern mixing to the outfit and helps obscure the fact that the sweater has a zipneck.  I love me a zipneck sweater, but it did look a bit overkill to wear a zipper sweater and a zipper jacket together.


*Bright pink zipneck pullover sweater (thrifted, Foxcroft)
Pink/brown leaf skirt (thrifted, Talbots)
Brown quilted jacket (thrifted, Walmart)
Pink leopard infinity scarf (thrifted)
Brown leggings
Tall dark brown boots by Fitzwell

I'm getting some good use out of my collection of riding boots this week!  I really need to weatherproof my new cognac riding boots so they can come out and play this winter, too.

Blast from the Past--I wore this bottom half together before (5-19-14) in an outfit that once again demonstrates that my clothing choices are a lagging indicator of the seasons.  This would be winter in most parts of the country.  It really would be fall here.  (I mean, fall + leaves is a natural combination.) 

1 comment:

mom said...

Congratulations on your awesome day and being awesome! It makes going to work much easier when you are in the right environment - one that utilizes your strengths, as you said.