Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine's Week of Red and Pink

Day 9 of the Pattern Challenge is Hearts.  I do not own any heart patterned items (not even an I heart bunnies t-shirt!) but in the spirit of the holiday, I decided to pick a red or pink item to wear every day this week.  Of course, the hyper-observant reader of this blog may have noticed, But you started wearing red and pink last Wednesday!  True, but that was accidental.  I'm now wearing pink and red with intent

Pinspired: StyleUp -- Monday, 2/9/15

For my first outfit, I used this photo I pinned on Pinterest as the inspiration.  I have been pinning outfit photos recently as a substitute for shopping and it's crazy how many I have lined up. 


Black and white stripes with a red skirt and (less weird, more winter-compatible) black boots.  Got it.  I considered wearing my black/white herringbone blazer (to substitute for the houndstooth clutch she's carrying) but decided to put my velvety black blazer into the mix instead because I haven't worn it yet this season (and I've worn the herringbone blazer with this skirt already).  I think I prefer the cleaner lines and hello sailor, it's winter vibe I've got going here.


Black velvet blazer (thrifted, Talbots)
Black/white striped T (Kohls)
Red corduroy skirt (thrifted, H&M)
Red scarf (Target)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

In work news, I about had a heart attack mid-morning thinking it was Tuesday--I had a bunch of stuff due on Tuesday that I wasn't close to finishing.  Man, what a relief to realize I was a day ahead of myself.

2 comments:

mom said...

I would have trouble wearing pink/red every day this week. I would have to wear the same things over and over again. However, does the orchid cardigan I'm wearing today count?

Sally said...

I love how you look in orchid so I'd say it counts!