Monday, February 16, 2015

I Swoon for Maroon (and Leopard Print)

Casual Friday/Valentine's Eve--Friday, 2/13/15

Nobody has to tell me to put maroon and snow leopard print and black together.  :)

I had initially planned on wearing this scarf and grey knit shirt with grey pants and a high-collared maroon jacket edged in grey, but when I put the jacket on, I decided that it was a bit too tight in the shoulders (so it's going back to Goodwill for a narrower woman to enjoy). 

But I have more maroon.  I wore the schoolboy blazer pretty recently, so I thought I'd bring out my waterfall cardigan and make a casual Friday of it by wearing these magical knit ankle pants with tall boots again.  Comfy, comfy, comfy.


Maroon waterfall cardigan (Coldwater Creek)
Black ankle pants (thrifted, Eileen Fisher)
Grey T (Kohls)
Grey leopard scarf (Target)
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

This afternoon was our first Excellence team meeting and it went really well until the jerk I used to think was the head of the technology department (he's really the deputy)--and who was such a total ass at the awkward meeting I blogged about--showed up for the last 15 minutes or so and started being his usual condescending self.  Really classy, dude, to miss the first hour plus of a meeting and then start pissing on people right and left.  One of the ironies that may be missed on him is that by acting like these things he knows from his specialized technology background are obvious things that any person should know, he undersells his own expertise and experience.  (I mean, if we already knew all that shit, we wouldn't need him to be the deputy head of technology, right?)  Oh, and he also looks like a complete fucking jerk to everyone in the room.  He was not there to overlap the 45 minutes or so that our CEO was there (yep, our CEO could spare 45 to this meeting but he could only spare about 15) so I do not know whether he would have been such an ass in her presence as well.  He really rattles my (female) department head's cage (I wish that she had a tougher shell where this guy is concerned).  I cannot tell yet how much of his behavior is misogynist jerk and how much is generalized jerk.  But one thing he does that kind of makes me want to laugh is preface statements with "In the corporate environment, we..."--it sounds amazingly pompous and clueless at the same time.  If he is such a rockstar, why isn't he still in the corporate world, eh? 

No comments: