Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lace Revisited

After making my light blue lace sweater look reasonably professional with a navy blazer, I thought I'd take a stab at toughening up my light pink lace sweater.

Pink with an Edge -- Tuesday, 2/10/15

Take pastel pink lace, add a comfy knit pencil skirt, a moto jacket, and cool ankle boots.  Sprinkle with sparkly beads.  Mix well. 


On our last trip to Target, Robert had helped me look for fleece-lined tights but they had nothing--just a couple pairs of fleece-lined leggings with a kind of weird horizontal metallic thread stripe that were on sale (as Robert says, No wonder).  This astonished me because we have a couple solid months of winter left, but whatever.  Target corporate must not be taking local weather conditions into account...even though their headquarters are local.  But they did have some sweater tights, so I decided to try those because I'd read that they were also often warmer than normal tights.  Look at the nifty pattern!


Horizontal metallic stripes, nope.  Subtle vertical sweater stripes, I'm in.

I had fun trying to take one of the down-the-body selfies that I see all over the Internet.  It's actually a nice way to get a close up of the outfit's textures (see how the jacket has a waffle texture) AND it makes me look like a giant, which is always awesome.


Pink lace sweater (Kohls)
Black moto jacket (JCP)--an unexpectedly useful item
Grey/black polka dot knit pencil skirt (JCP)
*Grey sweater tights (Target)
Black sparkle necklace (Kohls)
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman

2 comments:

jen said...

Cool outfit, and I like the new angle on the selfie!

mom said...

Love the outfit! You know how much I like pink.