Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another Animal and a Pop

But before I get into the new style challenge, I need to finish up this last pattern challenge outfit that I didn't wear when planned because I was sick last Thursday.

Pattern Challenge Day 23: Zebra--Monday, 2/23/15

My love for leopard print is legendary, but I have relatively few zebra print items in my wardrobe.  (Given the size of my wardrobe, this is impressive.)  This isn't because I don't like zebra print; I guess zebra is just a lot less common than leopard print.  But I was happy to run across this subtle zebra print cardigan at Goodwill for like $5.
 

*Grey zebra print cardigan (thrifted, Gap)
Black lace bottom T (thrifted, Coldwater Creek)
Light teal pencil skirt (JCP)
Grey leggings
Tall grey boots by LifeStride
Teal scarf (Target)

I also am glad to have two different shades of teal pencil skirt.  I mean, I recognize that it's kind of ridiculous, but I find that they fit different niches.  It helps that in addition to this one being a lighter shade, it is also a more green teal; the dark one is more blue.  My teal scarf manages to hit a blue-green ratio in between the two skirts, but I liked it better with this lighter skirt, and I thought the lighter shade of teal popped better against the dreary grey/black ensemble.
 

All the way up to 19 F in Coldville today.  Maybe soon it will warm up enough that the Mississippi River stops looking like a long flat field covered in snow.

The same day I wore this outfit, Jen on Fashionably Employed posted her own version of the bright teal skirt with grey and black outfit.  I've now gone from Audrey-Sally synchronicity to Jen-Sally synchronicity.  Next, I'm going to start doubling the outfits of some dude called Rick.  I need to be on the lookout for that....

From fashionablyemployed.com

Of course she wore hers with tall cognac boots because that is THE LAW.

3 comments:

jen said...

lol if you wear a polo shirt, we'll know you've achieved Rick-synchronicity.

And I love your version of the teal / grey outfit.

mom said...

I also love your version of the teal/gray outfit. I'm looking forward to the polo shirt. It will be a challenge to make that work with your wardrobe and professional image.

Sally said...

Thanks! And a polo shirt...man. That's a tough one. I'm not sure whether I own a polo shirt right now. Well, I do have one with the name of Robert's company on it--but I'm having my doubts about wearing that to work. I will have to ponder this one.