Thursday, February 12, 2015

Navy Pinstripes and Grey Trousers Revisited

How to Dress to Give a Data Presentation--Wednesday, 2/11/15

The full body shot was just not cooperating with this outfit, but here you can get the gist of it (with bonus cutie snake in the background).  It's the same blazer and pants that I wore a couple weeks ago with the light blue lace sweater--I wanted to wear something I knew was comfortable and traditionally professional, and this fit the bill.  A cashmere sweater and silk scarf add warmth and a bit of class.


*Burgundy cashmere sweater (Macy's)
Grey pants (thrifted, Loft)
Navy pinstriped blazer (thrifted, Express)
Floral silk scarf (thrifted, Art Institute of Chicago)
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles

See, I really am wearing pants and ankle boots!  There is not a pair of raggedy cut-off shorts and glitter flip flops hiding behind that bathroom vanity.  Everyone knows only high-heeled flip-flops are professional enough to wear when giving a presentation at work, and mine are at the cobbler's shop having rhinestones added to decorate the 2" platform and faux fur added to pad the footbed for extra warmth in this long Coldville winter.


My presentation went fine.  My boss said I did a "really great" job--both to me and, perhaps better, to our department head at a time he probably did not expect that I could overhear.

I had no idea until one of my co-workers mentioned it this afternoon that we have off work on Monday for President's Day.  Yay!  After getting to work at 7:15 this morning for the meeting with my presentation (which happened later, around 8:30), and having a somewhat restless night's sleep (featuring an extended dream about having married into a criminal family and spending days and days on the run with my non-Robert husband, trying to get away from the skankiest and most dangerous of that crew), I am pretty exhausted.

No comments: