Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bubbly

Pattern Style Challenge Day 13: Geometric--Wednesday, 2/18/15

Yeah, I own two different black stretchy-silky material dresses with red and white geometrical patterns on them.  This was what the Goodwill gods decreed, and I accepted my fate.

I've worn the other one (with circles and squares) a couple times now but this is a first outing for the circles-only dress....which like the other one, I'm layering over so it functions like a torso-warming skirt.  I'm also wearing an almost completely hidden sweater vest under there.  High of 4 F today was the forecast but it didn't make it that far.


*Black/red circle dress (thrifted)
Maroon blazer (Lands End)
Black sweater vest (thrifted, Foxcroft)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell
Black scarf (Target)

Is it just me or do these circles look like bubbles?


Well, given my distinct lack of bubbly personality, I guess I could use an assist from my dress.

After lunch, I found the lower button from my blazer under my desk at work.  When I showed it to Robert, he said, So...what? Did the move shake all your buttons loose?  It is an odd thing.  And so grows my pile of minor sewing tasks.

In work news, this week I discovered about 45 "customers" who the state thinks are ours but that appear to actually belong to a very tiny organization in the northwest part of the state.  What the hell?  The data detective is on the case.

3 comments:

jen said...

4 degrees? Brrrrr. I'm freezing and it's only like 55 degrees out...

mom said...

We are in between. We still have snow and ice, but not on the roads so much now. Temp was supposed to be 60 something yesterday, but by the middle of the afternoon it was only 40. It's also been windy, which makes it feel much colder. But, no, not as cold as 4 degrees.

Sally said...

Yes, we've been in the -25 to -30 windchill range the last few mornings.

This morning was SLIPPERY driving. I'm glad my commute is down to only 5 minutes now.