Friday, February 27, 2015

Puffed Up

WWWSC Day 3: Go big or go home--Wednesday, 2/25/15

It was clear from the context of the prompt that they were talking about oversized garments, but I wanted to take this a different direction and wear my big puffy leopard vest to work.  So I found a pin of a dress and a blanket scarf and that ubiquitous J. Crew quilted vest and no tights???? as the basis for my creation.

From twentiesgirlstyle.com

Blanket scarves....I don't know.  They look nice, and they look warm, but I can't help but think that it would feel strange to have this big mass of fabric protruding all over the front of my body.  It seems awkward.  I mean, a female rabbit's dewlap serves the purpose of putting fur in a spot where she can easily pluck it out with her mouth to line her nest, and it looks like an adorable, natural thing, which it is, but....well, I guess everybody wants prosthetic plaid wool dewlap thingies on their real chests.  Or, I should say, everybody but me.  I'll wear a normal scarf with my giant puffy vest of doom.


Puffy leopard vest (Macy's)
Green dress (Lands End)
Black scarf (Target)
*Black fleece-lined leggings (Target--finally they had some!)
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

Can I just take a moment to say how awesome Lands End's knit dresses are?  They are comfy and made of really thick, wonderful fabric, and they have pockets.  Sweet, right?


Seeing this top down photo reminds me, Oh yeah, when I see outfits where somebody is wearing a green skirt and I'm like, Too bad I don't have a green skirt--well, I kind of do, if I wear a sweater or something over the top of my green dress.  Interesting.

Verdict:  A puffy vest can be a part of your balanced business casual wardrobe, if you live in the frozen tundra.  The challenge is fitting it underneath your normal wool coat that you wear to work.  Luckily mine fit the vest without difficulty.

So glad I made it through today without feeling too sick.  I had some bad moments at the end of a 3 hour meeting, around 12:30-1:00, but was feeling better after lunch.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Pockets are awesome. Because everybody also wants prosthetic kangaroo pouches on their real hips.

Sally said...

Hah, yep, I do!