Saturday, February 7, 2015

What to Wear to a Meeting with Site Administrators

Pattern Challenge Day 18 #3: Stripes -- Wednesday, 2/4/15

I took this challenge day easy because I wanted to pick out something I could feel confident and professional in when meeting with the administration staff at one of our sites to discuss their quarterly results.  (I do not usually do this kind of meeting, but the person in my department who works with sites asked me to come to this meeting because I do the analysis.  It went just fine.)

In addition to wearing stripes and a skirt to meet the minimum challenge requirements, I also managed to wear a new skirt.  So I declare victory.

(I had forgotten how nice this skirt is--it's a navy suiting skirt, fully lined, and super professional.  In my memory, it was a longer, more dowdy length, but now that I realize it's knee length, game on.)  


*Navy pencil skirt (thrifted, Liz Claiborne)
Purple/blue striped jacket (thrifted, Coldwater Creek)
Magenta T (Walmart)
Grey leggings
Tall grey boots by LifeStride
Purple "gumdrop" necklace (Target)

Wearing an old Walmart t-shirt under your jacket is a kind of questionable seeming "professional" attire decision, but I don't work in a conservative corporate type setting, so I think it's professional enough.

I'm getting more use out of this short purple necklace than I'd anticipated, so that was a fortunate purchase decision.


Blast from the Past--The last time I wore this jacket (5/14/14), I paired it with this same t-shirt.  Yep, it's the perfect color and length so I'm going to stick with what works.  I'd forgotten how much I like the bright pink scarf with this jacket.

3 comments:

jen said...

I really like both outfits with the jacket.

Sally said...

Thanks, this jacket is always fun to wear.

mom said...

Ditto what Jennifer said. I also really like the necklace.