Saturday, July 2, 2016

Recovery Mode

I stayed home from work yesterday in recovery mode.  I felt off for most of the morning but started feeling better in the afternoon.  Well enough, in fact, that I stopped taking my painkillers...which means that late last night I started experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  I was in bed by 9:30, asleep for about 12 hours, awake for breakfast and lunch today, then in bed again for a long nap (napz are not only for Superbabies this weekend!).

For those who would like to play along at home, here's the 411 on withdrawal.  Mine is relatively mild so far, and I feel much better than I did last week.  I'm not really experiencing pain per se...only some muscle aches and occasional headaches...and that just feels like a tremendous relief, you know?

"Friday Bird Magic"--Friday, 7/1/16

Sarah's bird top in this outfit is so sweet.  I should wear my navy swallow top again!

From sarahsreallife.com

I put together a casual Friday ensemble with denim, navy, and teal.


Dark blue swallow top (Kohls), $3.00/wear
Denim skirt (thrifted, Great Northwest Indigo), $0.63/wear
Navy sleeveless cardigan vest (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $0.47/wear
Teal-green scarf (Target), $1.20/wear
Bright teal flats (Payless), $1.00/wear

Outfit total: $6.30/wear

Because how can you not wear teal with a bird top?  I mean, they may not be birds of a feather exactly, but they are both birds (and neither of them are predatory), so it just seems right in some kind of sympathetic magic way.  And Fridays and sympathetic magic?  They just go together like...well, you get the idea.


Here is my distribution of vest wears during the Work the Wardrobe Challenge.  I wore half of my vests (50%) once or twice.  There are 3 vest MVPs, worn 6 or more times.  This is one of them (worn 6 times).  I think that's rather impressive given that I didn't buy it until June (and then wore it a bunch of times).  The other two are cold-weather vests.  Those readers who were following along closely can possibly guess what they are.


No comments: