Friday, July 29, 2016

Shower Songs

"Happy Friday Bunnies"--Friday, 7/29/16

I'm confused by how I seemed to lose so many of my inspiration/Reverse Inspiration photos for this blouse with white rabbits on it.  Well, I suppose White Rabbit and confusion go hand in hand.  "If I were a rabbit, where would I keep my gloves?"

So I found a different Reverse Inspiration photo for this outfit.  It was interesting/strange to see what a high percentage of white blazer + jeans outfits have a white top as well.  How boring is that?  This was one of the few that didn't.  I guess when you're wearing tragically distressed jeans, like in this photo, you keep things simple.

From trendingdress.com

My jeans are very ordinary trouser jeans, so my outfit can withstand the non-contiguous/disjoint print mix of frolicking bunnies and stripes.


Navy rabbit blouse (Disney Alice/Kohls), $13.20/wear
White blazer (Nordstrom), $3.93/wear
Trouser jeans (thrifted, JCP), $0.56/wear
Navy striped flats (Payless), $2.43/wear

Outfit total: $20.12/wear

In other news...Inexplicably this morning in the shower I started thinking of this song, which I would be shocked if I've heard in 20+ years.  I was surprised by how readily the first part came to mind, but then abruptly cut off at "She is---"  Something expression?  No, something umbrella.  A few minutes later, Shaking her umbrella.  But then, nothing.  So I had to watch the video before work so I didn't lose my mind to this all day.  Did you recognize the song from the line "She is shaking her umbrella"?  Here is an interesting timeline of the development and proliferation of the song.

5 comments:

Jen M. said...

Did you recognize the song from the line "She is shaking her umbrella"?

YES. :)

And yes, Rick and I have sung this song to our baby.

Tam said...

This was the first Suzanne Vega song I ever heard, as far as I know. Or, or maybe that "my name is Luka, I live on the second floor" one. I've definitely heard it within the last 20 years!

However, I did not recognize it from the lyric, because mentions of umbrellas always bring up this song for me.

Sally said...

Jen, I thought you'd recognize it because if I remember correctly, you owned this tape back in the day.

Tam, it took me a while to be sure that that song was familiar to me. :)

Debbi e said...

I did not recognize it from the lyric though it is familiar. I think I may never have listened to all the words. Until now.

I know Tam's song much better.

Sally said...

It only now occurs to me that showers + umbrellas really go together well...