Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Overheated Frustration

"Watery Stripes"--Tuesday, 7/26/16

I am always a sucker for the striped top/dress + patterned scarf combination.

From howtowearit.com

I'm glad for short-sleeved cardigans that makes wearing a sleeveless dress to work appropriate and yet not too hot (an issue for those of us outside of the ultra-air-conditioned regions of the south).  My new fan purchased last night at Target did make a difference--and my office mate admitted that she really liked having a fan to herself today, too. 


Aqua/white striped dress (Old Navy), $7.50/wear
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom), $1.66/wear
White/blue/green paisley/floral scarf (Target), $0.75/wear
Chambray flats (Payless), $2.83/wear

Outfit total: $12.74/wear

These chambray flats are quite versatile (I mean, they are like jeans for your feet, no?) but I seem to gravitate toward wearing them with shades of blue and teal.


In other news...Today I was so grumpy after work because the fob that lets me into the parking garage and apartment building died, so I had to park on the street, walk seemingly forever in the heat carrying approximately a million pounds of crap back to the apartment building (and of course I first went to the wrong one that doesn't have the leasing office in it), get a new fob from the office before they closed, walk back to my car, and park in the garage.  Today's heat index was "only" 95 F but some combination of the walking, carrying too much stuff, and the frustration put me over the edge.  I was literally dripping sweat by the time I was done.  It didn't help my mood that I've been operating on under 6.5 hours of sleep today, too.  So all I can say is: Grrrr.  And soon: Zzzzzzz.

No comments: