Saturday, July 23, 2016

Two Graphic Ts

Inadvertent Substitutions--Saturday, 7/23/16

Jeanane paired a bold floral print with a pink top and light blue cardigan.

From designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

I did a version of this outfit with a recently-purchased Alice-themed T and what might be the last wearing of this floral skirt.  I actually like the skirt just fine, but it's a distinctive print that I'm getting a bit tired of wearing--I wore it a lot more when I was in my PhD program than I have recently.  What can I say?  I'm feeling a bit meh about it.  I was curious how I'd feel about it after putting it in this outfit.

...And oops!  When I gathered my pieces, I picked up the wrong skirt!  So instead of trying out an old standby, I'm wearing this new skirt for the second time.  Oh well.  I'll try my old skirt another day.


Light blue "Important Date" graphic T (Disney Alice/Kohls), $7.20/wear
Pink/beige/blue floral skirt (thrifted, Villager/Kohls)
White/pink/blue floral skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.44/wear
Bright pink flats (Payless), $0.68/wear
Bright pink floral necklace (Kohls), $1.02/wear

Outfit total: $9.34/wear

In other news...Last weekend's Target ads in the newspaper featured a bunch of men's graphic Ts, including one that Robert knew I would be interested in as a sleep shirt.  I ordered it and it came in yesterday's mail.  No, it's not a rabbit, it's...


...the mascot character from the Fallout computer game series!  I thought he was called the Pip-boy, but of course that is the name of the electronic interface that stores your map, inventory, geiger counter, etc.  As pointed out here, this is a common misconception (that even occurs in one of the Fallout games--a game that is considered non-canon due to inconsistencies with the main Fallout universe).  This character is actually called the Vault Boy. 

Well, that was a nice "inadvertent substitution" of names, in keeping with this outfit post's theme.  Damn I'm good.  Not good enough that I had happened to have planned to wear a blue and yellow jumpsuit today...but that would have been kind of scarily weird, really.

No comments: