Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Disapproving of Medical Bills

"Paging Dr. Giraffe"--Tuesday, 7/19/16

In this inspiration photo from last spring, the blogger is actually wearing a pair of culottes, but they looked enough like a skirt to provide an idea for my cobalt skirt.

From nineto5.com

In place of a sequin-decorated top, I wore this blouse that I call my "faux giraffe" print, retaining the sparkle in the necklace.


Navy/blue/beige faux giraffe print top (Calvin Klein/Macy's), $8.40/wear
Cobalt blue skirt (eShakti), $7.00/wear
Cream cardigan (Kohls), $1.00/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $9.99/wear
Blue sparkly necklace (Kohls), $1.06/wear

Outfit total: $27.45/wear

Is it just me or does this cardigan (a surprising WtWC Cardigan MVP #2 with 7 wears) resemble a white coat a bit here, to give the outfit a doctor vibe?  Perhaps I should have worn a white blazer like the inspiration photo, but I thought the cream color worked well with the beige in the shirt.  Oh well.


In other medical news, I sat down with my bills from my kidney stone adventures, and man, that was a really expensive thing.  Robert and I could have taken a nice vacation for that amount of money.  The only upsides are (1) yeah, I do have insurance, though they seem to think that my emergency room visit wasn't necessary and are charging me a ton for it and (2) because of aforementioned ultra-expensive emergency room visit, I did hit my $2,000 deductible somewhere in the middle of my surgery that occurred 2 days before the end of my plan year happened and the deductible reset.  So it could have been worse.  I could have had this happen one week later and had to pay a lot more money.

Remember, friends don't let friends get kidney stones!

Not feeling the approval.  Nope, not at all.

2 comments:

mom said...

I don't approve of kidney stones either!

Sally said...

Good! Let us unite in disapproval!