Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Cool Summer Day With Late Afternoon Rain Rulz

"Dirt and Grass"--Thursday, 7/14/16

Today's Reverse Inspiration player nails the brown skirt/light green cardigan/brown top/brown shoes color combination.  She refers to her outfit as chocolate mint (in the summer of 2012!).  I'm going to call it the "Thin Mint."

From jseverydayfashion.com

The vibrant light green of my cardigan doesn't quite qualify as "mint" in my book--it is a more grassy hue.  This all (dirt) brown outfit would be pretty boring without the pop of color the cardigan provides.  This was another purchase I'm really glad to have made during the WtWC.  (It reminds me of a cardigan my mom would wear.)  It's also interesting how much a monochromatic top + skirt combination can mimic a dress.


Light green cardigan (thrifted, Jeanne Pierre), $1.75/wear
Brown short-sleeved T (thrifted, Kohls), $1.33/wear
Brown pleated skirt (thrifted, Casual Corner), $2.00/wear
Brown flats by Frye, $6.94/wear
Gold/clear ruffle necklace (Target), $2.00/wear

Outfit total: $14.02/wear

My ruffle necklace, while pretty and interesting, is much harder to wear because it doesn't play nice with all necklines and it doesn't stand out very well against many tops.  If I were to have the choice again, I'm not sure I would buy it.  But I think it worked out well in this outfit.


In other news...I spent all day at work writing SPSS syntax, which was fun, and sipping iced green tea, which felt appropriate to my cardigan.  But because coordinating your beverage and your clothing is totally a thing, right?

I've been going to bed a bit early this week, and slowly, it's helping.  (I may have been boosted by one cup of caffeinated green tea this morning.)  Of course, this morning I felt cheated by waking up around 5:45 for a bathroom break and then not being able to get back to sleep.  No fair!

If the Internet gods are with me this evening, I'm going to watch the last 1.5 episodes of Les Revenants, highly recommended Netflix-streaming option for those who enjoy things in that mysterious, supernatural category.

No comments: