Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Made It!

Somehow I made it through the work day today, but I am really tired--waking up at 3 a.m. and not falling back asleep will take it out of you.  I am going to be sleeping like a Superbaby tonight!

"Outfit for a Happy Return"--Tuesday, 7/5/16

Apparently I agree with Whitney that a black and white striped dress is a classic piece--I own two of them.  But they do serve slightly different purposes.  One of them is shorter and has sleeves, which I wear in the winter with tights and layers.  The other one is longer and sleeveless, which I wear with bare legs...and lighter layers (this is Coldville, after all).  I like the way her dress has the multi-directional stripes.  And did you notice that she's wearing a bright pink Fitbit Flex??

From whitneyalamode.blogspot.com

Mine is similar, only without the bottom band of horizontal stripes.  True to the inspiration photo, I added a short-sleeved cardigan (in aqua, though), a Fitbit Flex that matches my cardigan, and leopard flats...because stripes + leopard is a tried-and-true winner.


Black and white striped sleeveless dress (Target), $7.00/wear
Short-sleeved aqua cardigan (thrifted, Loft), $1.25/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $2.50/wear
White swag necklace (Kohls), $2.41/wear
+ Aqua Fitbit Flex :)

Outfit total: $13.16/wear

I could not resist adding a statement necklace to my look, though the white is relatively subtle against the striped background my not-precisely-but-close-to-white skin.


4 comments:

Jen M. said...

Cute outfit as usual. Sleep well! (Do you sleep in your Flex?)

Superbaby has had a few rough nights too. Between a runny nose and the fireworks, he's been waking more than usual. Hope you BOTH sleep through the night tonight :)

Sally said...

I do sleep in my Flex. The sleep monitoring is its most useful feature for me right now. I usually put it in sleep mode when I settle in and out of sleep mode when the alarm goes off, but I was so tired last night I didn't remember to. The Flex has my back when I forget, of course, but I like to see how long it takes to fall asleep. Last night, I'd guess about 2 minutes! I think I slept pretty well, I was so tired--just not enough. The alarm this morning was painful to hear.

I hope Superbaby had a decent night, poor bunny!

Jen M. said...

Oh I totally forgot that you've talked about sleep tracking before. Mom brain? Lol. The little one did sleep better last night but he was a little cranky from his vaccinations, which is normal. But not the super exciting half-birthday he had probably envisioned for himself haha.

Sally said...

He'll have to have an especially nice unbirthday soon to make up for it! :)