Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday Cookfest

"Running Down the Street Style"--Sunday, 7/10/16

Last week, I explained "street style" to Robert.  Looking at Wikipedia's definition, I came pretty close.  This street style pic from New York Fashion Week 2013 amuses me a lot--a woman with a camera is stopped by someone else with a camera to take her photo.  Did she return the favor?

From huffingtonpost.com

The only photographing of my outfit is my own, inflicted upon the interwebs at my whim.  You're welcome, world!  Anyway, I don't really have time to deal with anybody else's agenda right now as you can see from this handy t-shirt that warns the viewer of my situation.  See, I'm late for a very important owl date!  And given when owls are active, that's very, very late indeed.



Light blue "Important Date" graphic T (Disney Alice/Kohls), $10.80/wear
Blue/black plaid skirt (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $1.00/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft, $4.99/wear
*Silver/bright beads owl pendant (Kohls), $14.00/wear

Outfit total: $30.79/wear

In other news...This morning I spent some time catching up on outfit photos.  Being sick/in pain for the better part of 6 weeks was tough in this regard.

This afternoon I took a nap for about an hour (#Superbaby #napz) and then I edited photos and worked on blog posts.

This evening, Robert and I spent some time in the kitchen. 

Now Robert has beef enchilada casserole, and I have ground beef and onion with roasted red peppers/zucchini/summer squash and 2 dozen pumpkin oat-rye muffins (3 mg oxalate each).  Well, 2 dozen minus the 2 that I ate for dinner around 8:30.

Tomorrow is Monday, with a full 5 day work week to follow, and I do not approve.

5 comments:

Tam said...

I only work Tuesday and Thursday of this coming week (5 hours each day), but with any luck, I'll be working full time in another week and a half. (My ideal starting date, I've decided, is July 25.)

Jen M. said...

Oh man, Superbaby and I napped for 2 hours this afternoon. It was amazing!!!!!! I woke up several times and checked that he was ok, of course. But still. Two. Hours. :) He is in a "sleep regression" so his nighttime sleeps have been more interrupted.

I need to do some baby food cooking. He still needs foods introduced one at a time in case of issues. This morning he got egg yolks and avocado and I was jealous!

Sally said...

Tam, here's hoping that in a couple of weeks you will be joining us with this 5 days a week nonsense.

Jen, congrats to you and Superbaby on the long nap! My nap was a headache-induced nap, and those aren't quite as refreshing. Still, I'll take it! I didn't realize babies were introduced to foods that way but it totally makes sense.

mom said...

No cookfest here! We are trying to use up what we already have, which can make for some weird combinations. I also napped both Saturday and Sunday. Silver Dollar City wears me out, so I'm glad for some naps before I have to pack for our trip.

Sally said...

Right, it's like, what can I do with half a serving of chili, some peas, a bit of stuffing, and...I don't even know what this is!