Monday, July 11, 2016

Starting the Week Bunnified

"White Rabbit with Grass"--Monday, 7/11/16

Today's Reverse Inspiration is a styling photo from the Stitch Fix site.  Stitch Fix is a company that does clothing rentals, like a Netflix for clothing/jewelry.  Our stylist selected green pants, white jacket, and a navy patterned top (a classic stripe).  But we can do one better.

From stitchfix.com

Because we have this adorable rabbit blouse from the Disney Alice collection!  It features white bunnies against a navy background with green grass and yellow flowers.  It's sleeveless and has a sweet bowtie neck.  Cute, no?


*Navy rabbit blouse (Disney Alice/Kohls), $26.40/wear
Green pants (JCP), $1.95/wear
White cardigan (Nordstrom), $1.99/wear
Gold flats (Nordstrom), $2.27/wear

Outfit total: $32.61/wear

Because if there's one thing Monday needs, it's bunnies.


This gal seems pretty approving of the white rabbit concept.


In other news...I concur with this list of real wardrobe must-haves.

It reminds me that because I have gotten rid of the shoes (3 pairs, worn to death) that I used to wear when I walked to school, I'm sort of lacking in "shoes that are comfortable" that aren't athletic shoes.  This is actually a kind of tough category for me (I had to try a LOT of pairs to get 3 pairs for school) and I haven't put any effort into looking for replacements.  The closest thing I have is some 10 year old Skechers that aren't as comfy as they used to be.  They are perfect for exercise bike riding (because they are the sleek "bike" style) but are not up to long periods on my feet.  I wore them grocery shopping this weekend and they were OK but I could do better.  Perhaps it's time to start The Search for some replacement comfortable shoes.  If only that were as easy as finding cute ballet flats with no support in fun patterns and colors.

How about you?  Are you covered in these areas?

3 comments:

Jen M. said...

Working on it. I'm almost down to pre/early-pregnancy sizes but with a different shape, so I should go through what's been packed away soon. I need a new nursing bra for sure!

Debbie said...

That is the best wardrobe must-haves article I have ever seen. It's quite true!
* Undies that fit - check. Small boobs help. A lot. (Yet another way I am privileged.)
* Comfy shoes - these are just about all I have. And they are all sneakers. One of my Spanish IV classmates wore some sneaker Mary Janes throughout her whole trip--these were awesome. (Again, I am privileged here: I wear the most common size, and I don't like arch supports so I have to wear cheap shoes.)
* Weather-specific items - She does get a little overly specific here (I don't need sandals, though I sure did like them when I didn't have a toenail fungus). However, I feel good here, too. I'm especially pleased with my new-to-me sun hat.
* Work things - no work. Woo! Actually, you need stuff for all your activities. For me that's:
* dancing - wooshy skirts, shoes that aren't too slippery or too sticky
* jogging - special bra, short sleeves (love wiping sweat onto my sleeves), headband (shockingly nice for keeping sweat out of my eyes)
* rare events (interviews, weddings, funerals, formal stuff) - finally got the little black dress a few years ago, for example
* gardening - old leather shoes that burrs don't stick to (except the shoe laces)
* painting and other dirty work - old clothes I love that have a serious problem like holes or stains
* clothes that feel good - yes. Also, they need to go with stuff I have, be washable, and, for pants, shorts and skirts, I really, really like pockets.

Sally said...

Jen, you're in a state of flux, which is always hard.

Debbie, sounds like you're well set. I have not given a lot of thought to clothes for various activities, though I am in good shape for work, birding, and exercise, which are the only ones where the clothes matter as much. Although I'm finding that I could use more than 1 pair of non-flannel pajama bottoms. I'm thinking it's time to pull out the sewing machine and my stash of old cotton sheets!