Friday, July 15, 2016

Wrong Season Again

"Halloween in July"--Friday, 7/15/16

I needed to wear something festive today for my sister's birthday!  But I think perhaps I ended up dressing for the wrong holiday entirely.

This Reverse Inspiration from May 2012--called Orange and Grey Dressy Casual--captures many elements of my outfit, down to the orange ballet flats--but by using grey rather than black, it doesn't have the Halloween effect.

From heather-rolin.polyvore.com

But this orange/black blazer I bought with my mom at the 88 cent sale last December is pretty much made to wear with black, right?  At least the linen fabric gives it a summer-time texture.  It's really too short for me, I discovered after wearing it today, so I think I will get my 88 cents out of it today and send it back to the thrift store.


*Orange/black linen blazer (thrifted, Audrey B), $0.88/wear
*Black short-sleeved top (thrifted, JNY), $5.24/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $0.74/wear
Orange flats (Payless), $1.11/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $3.48/wear

Outfit total: $11.45/wear

I guess you could argue I am dressed up as a Halloween fish tank for Jen's birthday.  That is basically insane but whatever...it's Friday!


In other news...Continuing the seasonally-inappropriate holiday theme, you must check out this post on When Your Child Hates the Easter Bunny.  The photos start out really funny/sad, but by the end, magic happens.  Real bunny is better than scary human in a rabbit suit every time!

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

A Halloween fish tank, just what I wanted!! Hahaha. July is foggy here in the mornings so I headed for work in ankle boots and a jacket.... So I was channeling Fall today too :)

Sally said...

Hmm...I'll have to try again with something better.

Ankle boots in July is crazy! It was a lovely 60 F when I got to work this morning.