Monday, July 25, 2016

Migraine Day

"Orange You Ready for Wonderland"--Sunday, 7/24/16

Seeing this adorable owl sweater outfit last spring made me wish I had a work-appropriate orange skirt of my own...and an owl sweater. 

From tresfly.blogspot.com

But having neither, I re-purposed this inspiration for an extremely simple summer weekend outfit instead.

I historically have almost never worn orange--it's not really the best color for my complexion and hasn't been a favorite color of mine anyway.  But somewhere along the way, I started wearing coral (which is somewhere between a pinkish-orange or an orange-ish pink, depending on the shade), and that was like a gateway to orange.  One nice thing about this orange skirt and ballet flats combo is that the bright orange color looks just fine when worn away from my face.  I think I will probably stick to shades of coral and coral-ish oranges on the upper half and retain the true orange for the bottom half.  Saying this, I will buy a neon orange t-shirt next time I visit Goodwill, of course.


*White Rabbit "Wonderland" tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $24.00/wear
Orange skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.29/wear
Orange flats (Payless), $1.00/wear
Black/white faux infinity necklace from Mom

Outfit total: $25.29/wear

In other news...I woke up with a sinus headache that had developed into a migraine by lunch time and stuck with me until bedtime, so most of my day is kind of a blur to me now.  But given my recent kidney stone suffering, a migraine wasn't too bad.

No comments: