Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Life You Save May Be Your Own: Federal Data Collection Edition

"I Spotted Pink Flowers"--Tuesday, 7/12/16

Alice shows us once again that polka dots + floral print is a winning combination, especially with bright pink.

From happinessatmidlife.com

I took this opportunity to wear a new-to-me blouse that I bought in February (and was waiting for warmer weather to wear).  It's a bigger/bolder polka dot pattern than my other short-sleeved polka dot top, and I like the gathered neckline--it's a little bit more professional seeming than the slightly-upgraded-t-shirt vibe the other one has.  Of course I wore it in a decidedly not-professional outfit for its debut.


*Black polka dot blouse (thrifted, Worthington/JCP), $5.24/wear
Black floral skirt with white embroidery (thrifted, Torrid), $1.00/wear
Bright pink t-shirt cardigan (Lands End), $3.75/wear
Pink drops necklace (Outfit Additions), $2.00/wear
Pink/tan/black striped flats (Payless), $2.00/wear

Outfit total: $13.99/wear

Hey, if other people are going to come to work in flip flops...

Luckily, this isn't true of anyone in my department.

I was thinking that I would donate this skirt to Goodwill after wearing it this one last time, but it turns out that I really enjoyed wearing it today. It fits perfectly (I thought it might be too small given the size on the tag, but in this cut of skirt, I can get away with a surprisingly smaller-than-usual size, I guess), it's comfortable, it's versatile...it's staying in my closet for now.


In other news...This week I have started preparing for the huge, every-two-years federally-mandated data collection project.  I gave myself a pretty bad headache reformatting a giant spreadsheet but I'm going to be happy to have all my columns organized to make it easy to submit the data.  Last time, this whole project was a mess because I was trying to figure out what my No Documentation predecessor had done and why the hell.  This time, about 95% of it is extremely well documented (and the other 5% is new to this year's data collection), so it should go a lot more smoothly.  Thanks, previous self--you rock!

No comments: