Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Oxalate Update

"Steely Barbie"--Wednesday, 7/13/16

It's hard to believe that there was at one point an inspiration photo for my outfit, given the difficulty I had finding a reasonable Reverse Inspiration.  I should have known that MK of Outfit Posts wouldn't let me down!  Here she puts a bright pink dress, long cardigan, and grey shoes together.


From outfitposts.com

She thinks it was only Reese Witherspoon that put her on this track but we know better.  Reese Witherspoon is a style icon who has hundreds thousands of outfits photographed and put on the Internet.  Why did MK gravitate toward that specific one?  Because she owns similar items?  Hah, no!  Because of the reverberations of my attempt to wear this tricky short-sleeved dress length cardigan.


*Dark grey-blue short-sleeved dress length cardigan (thrifted, Kohls), $5.24/wear
Bright pink sleeveless dress (Target), $7.00/wear
Grey/pink/blue paisley scarf (Target), $2.40/wear
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $8.61/wear

Outfit total: $23.25/wear

I think this outfit turned out well, but I'm finding it hard to style this cardigan.  I don't have a lot of dresses that are sleeveless or short-sleeved AND would work with this somewhat odd in-between color.  I know I probably need to embrace the white T/skinny jeans/super-long cardigan look if I want to make it more versatile but I'm not sure whether I can go there.  We'll see.  Of course one of the advantages of thrift shopping is that when something doesn't work out for you, you haven't spent a lot of money to give it a try.


In other news...So far, so good on my revamped diet.  Yesterday I figured out that when I get hungry at 11:30 or 11:45 but don't want to eat lunch yet, I can eat the yogurt I brought with my lunch.  That keeps me going until 1:00 or later, which is when I prefer to eat my meal and take my lunch break.  I still sort of miss having some dark chocolate after lunch but it's a manageable, minor craving that goes away as soon as I get back to work, and I think it will fade pretty readily.  Otherwise, I'm enjoying the new diet a lot.  Having oatmeal back in my rotation has been so, so good.

I have been switching back and forth between iced green tea and ice water as my drink option.  I actually like water pretty well as long as it is both fresh and iced and very cold.  Filling up my big-ass thermos with ice and water in the morning is working out well.

Next week I would like to get back to my flax oil and cod liver oil habit and start exercising regularly again.  At the end of last week, I was afraid I was coming down with a cold, but I seem to be better now.  It went away too fast to be a cold--I think I must have just had a bad allergy period there.

This week my supervisor and our department head are out of the office.  My office mate is going to be gone for the rest of the week.  It's not exactly a ghost town, but it's definitely that time of the summer that is our relatively slow time when people take advantage of the opportunity to vacation (and as you might guess, many people in my building are married to teachers, so summer is when this stuff has to happen).

No comments: