Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Useful Rain

"No Replicants"--Wednesday, 7/27/16

This is one of the looser interpretations of an inspiration photo lately, but it's not very easy to find outfits that incorporate a navy/blue/beige faux giraffe print, you know?  So I take my inspiration where I can.

From bluecollarredlipstick.com

I took from her outfit the idea of the blue patterned top, blue cardigan, beige (or, in my case, light grey) skirt, and blue flats.


Navy/blue/beige faux giraffe print drapeneck top (Calvin Klein/Macy's), $6.30/wear
Light grey skirt (JCP), $2.58/wear
*Cobalt blue short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $5.24/wear
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $2.38/wear
Hammered silver necklace (JNY), $2.22/wear

Outfit total: $18.72/wear

I thought about wearing a navy cardigan like the inspiration outfit but I decided to try this short-sleeved cobalt one that is going to be a nice warm-weather option.  (Yeah, I have a long-sleeved cobalt one, too, but even in Coldville it gets too warm to wear a long-sleeved viscose/polyester cardigan, you know?)  I liked how the color popped against the pattern in the shirt.  So there you go.  One inspired-but-not-replicated outfit.


In other news...All week I've been thinking how much I need to wash my car.  We've had several pitiful dribbles of sprinkles a few times lately, just enough to make your car dirtier, you know?  But today we had a serious downpour during the afternoon, and now my car is looking pretty good again.  Thanks, Mother Nature!  Also it wasn't nearly as warm today, which was a true blessing.

Today I also finished a set of reports that were due tomorrow, so I'm feeling less pressured than I have been all week.  I still have another set of reports to do with this over-one-month-late data, but there isn't a set deadline for it, so I can work on it in a conscientious but leisurely way tomorrow.  It'll be nice to intersperse working on that with some other duties so that I can take a break from staring-at-Excel-all-day and the consequent obligatory headache.

Looking forward to taking it a bit easier tomorrow, mini lop style.  Only with less literal lounging.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Also you shouldn't poop in your workspace, probably.

Sally said...

Good point!