Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Midweek Stripes + Small Talk

"Dressing Tooth and Claw"--Wednesday, 7/6/16

The appealing components of this outfit were cobalt blue shirt, striped skirt, and grey shoes.

From theminuteglass.com

I created a Sally style version by wearing an open weave sweater vest and grey leopard wedges.  (Today is the only day this week we aren't expecting rain, so it was a good day to wear these delicate calf hair shoes that cannot tolerate wetness.)


Cobalt blue button up shirt (thrifted, JCP), $2.50/wear
Black/grey striped skirt (thrifted, Loft), $1.50/wear
Black open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $2.76/wear
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $9.00/wear
Black tooth/claw necklace (Outfit Additions), $1.12/wear

Outfit total: $16.88/wear

And it's always a pleasure to wear my tooth/claw necklace.  It hasn't been as much an immediate go-to item for the last 6 months or so (winter plus I bought some other necklaces) but it's still a lot of fun.


In other news...An essay on the importance of small talk by someone who is anxious about it and hates it.

Speaking of which, did you have a good holiday weekend?  Mine wasn't too bad.  Lots of Superbaby-approved napz and general lazing around reading and watching TV but with so much less suffering than of late.  I even went out for lunch with Robert!  To a restaurant!  I walked like the equivalent of about 3 blocks in the process and took the stairs!  (It's been a long time since I've dared leave home for anything other than doctor/hospital visits or work.)  It was a beautiful evening for fireworks, and we could see about 4 or 5 different displays from our balcony.  I was too physically exhausted to watch for more than about 5 minutes at a time, but I still enjoyed it.  For a normal person, my weekend would have sucked, but my standards have shifted recently, you know?

Yesterday work was tough because I just wasn't in a good mood/mindset for the kind of work I needed to do.  Today (perhaps aided by a caffeine bump after waking up tired and with headache) I was feeling it a lot more and got quite a bit accomplished.  I'm tired now, though.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

It was foggy here so we didn't bother keeping the baby up for fireworks. We could see a few from our living room but the rest were just lighting up fog as usual. NYE is the much better display.

Glad that you are slowly but surely feeling better!!

Sally said...

Thanks! I am feeling pretty much back to normal now, which is a relief.