Thursday, June 30, 2016

FML: Kidney Stone Edition

"Pink Butterfly Overlord"--Thursday, 7/1/16

I agree with this blogger that wearing the same top close together in time is a nope.  But I can get on board with black + grey + bright pink + leopard print.

From cookiescardioandclothes.com

For grey top, I chose a stripey one that I bought recently at Goodwill. I wore it with one of my Work the Wardrobe Cardigan MVPs, this bright pink one worn 5 times during the challenge.


Bright pink drapey cardigan (Macy's), $2.18/wear
*Grey/black striped T (thrifted, Target), $2.50/wear
Black shutterfold skirt (Kohls), $2.11/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $2.63/wear
Black/grey/pink big butterfly scarf (Kohls), $3.50/wear

Outfit total: $12.92/wear

And any excuse for a bright patterned scarf, you know?


In other news...I've been dealing with this kidney stone situation for more than a month now.  (I first wrote "disney" for kidney--I wish an overload of Disney was my biggest problem.)  Yesterday evening I had the most excruciatingly painful 2-3 hours of my life, including the pain that sent me to the ER a month ago, the time I had the stomach flu while having cramps and couldn't take any painkillers for it, and my bleeding ulcer.  It was definitely stone related (one of the areas of greatest pain was my back in the area of the right kidney), and with the pain from that there was sympathetic cramping in my entire abdomen.

After that first long, horrible stretch of pain, I had moderate pain for the rest of the evening into the night and didn't get to bed until quite late.  So another workday, another sick day.  I'm glad that I got 99% done with my only pressing project before I went to the doctor's office so I could just email this morning and tell the person I was working with the one thing that needs to be checked before the reports are ready to go.  This is the slowest time of the year for me, so I guess if this shit has to happen, at least it's well timed.  I'm also lucky that my manager (and Robert's) have been very understanding and supportive of how much time I've needed to take off recently.

Today was marked by strange urethra-burning and digestive upset that lasted a couple hours after each meal.  It's like, Oh, I see, here is yet another way for life with kidney stones to suck.

I'm probably one intense pain episode away from begging people to pray for my recovery.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

So sorry this is so awful. I'm hoping your long weekend goes better and you can rest and recover. Have you considered acupuncture??

Sally said...

I haven't thought about acupuncture. Needles freak me out, so I hope it doesn't come to that!