Thursday, June 2, 2016

Back in Black - Pink Vest Version #2

"Boho Barbie Florals"--Thursday, 6/2/16

You know I can't resist a bird print top, even if it's only feathers and not the entire animal, so this one was right up my alley.  And see how easy it is to wear a patterned blouse with black pants and bright flats?

From franishtheblog.com

She wore this for last Thanksgiving Eve, but I think the basic idea works well for spring as well.  I just jazzed it up a bit with bright pink instead of red because it's increasingly obvious that for me, spring means pink.


Black/bright pink/blue floral blouse (JNY), $4.41/wear
*Black work pants (thrifted, CJ Banks), $5.24/wear
Bright pink open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $2.76/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $5.31/wear
Bright pink flats (Payless), $0.81/wear

Outfit total: $18.53/wear

I'm lucky that cardigan vests are a thing this spring because I was able to find a few more to add to my collection.  I wore the navy one so much last summer that it seems good to have a broader range of colors to draw on.  And Barbie pink is clearly a no-brainer in my wardrobe. 


These bright pink ballet flats tied for #3 in the Work the Wardrobe Challenge with 13 wears for the year.

In other news...I made it through the workday but took a 2.5 to 3 hour nap after work.  Good thing tomorrow is Friday.  I'd love for this stomach ache to go away.

No comments: