Sunday, June 12, 2016

Blah + TV

Yesterday was a tough day with yet another mega-headache.  I only managed to get to my computer long enough to post my FB rabbit.   Otherwise, it was a The Returned, New Girl, Game of Thrones marathon with an afternoon nap for variety.   

The Returned was a really good show--I'm disappointed that it was canceled after one season.  And it had that whole mysterious Twin Peaks/Lost type story in which an early cancellation means that the viewer never figures out what was going on.  But Robert told me that it was based on the French TV show Les Revenants, which is also available on Netflix streaming!  So maybe I'll find out what happened after all.

Last weekend, I watched both seasons of The Riches, which also was canceled, but in that case, I had enjoyed the show but was starting to get tired of it.  (How much of that was due to the material itself and how much was due to my having watched 2 seasons of the show consecutively, staying up all night with pain, is impossible to say.)

"Ditch the Salmon"--Saturday, 6/11/16

I'm always on the lookout for interesting color combinations, and this one really caught my eye.

From darlingdearestblog.com

I made this another fall-into-spring outfit with the autumnal browns.  When I tried my salmon colored top, I realized that the fit of it drives me crazy--it's got a drape neckline but the entire front of the shirt ends up folded up and bunched and annoying.  So I set that one aside and substituted this light pink shirt (that has a high cost per wear).  I really preferred the darker color of the other one, and the double-layer of fabric on the front of this one makes it more awkward to tuck in, but it is acceptable--and at least the outfit reads more "spring" this way.


Navy cardigan (Kohls), $4.11/wear
Salmon drapeneck top (Lands End)
Light pink eyelet top (Kohls), $6.66/wear
Brown pleated skirt (thrifted, Casual Corner), $3.00/wear
Navy owl scarf (Nordstrom), $2.86/wear
Brown pointy-toed flats by Frye, $7.40/wear

Outfit total: $24.03/wear

Anyway, if it were really autumn, I'd be wearing a brown corduroy skirt, leggings, and tall boots, okay?  But luckily owls are applicable to every season.


2 comments:

Tam said...

Les Revenenants is pretty great. I've seen both seasons of that. I've only seen one episode of the American version, but it looked very very similar.

Sally said...

I've seen two episodes of Les Revenants now and they are extremely similar. They even picked actors for the American series that resembled the French ones in some cases. Somehow the French Victor is even creepier than the American one. The biggest difference so far is, Whoa, French Simon just beat that guy up!