Monday, June 13, 2016

A Popular Color Combo

"Magpie Barbie"--Monday, 6/13/16

I just can't do white pants or jeans.  I have tried on a few pairs, but each time, I'm utterly "meh" at best about how they look.  And it's that I think I'm too fat for them or anything because many non-skinny women rock the look.  I just don't care for wearing light colored pants, I think--I'm more a dark or bright pants gal.  But when I come across a promising white pants outfit, I'm happy to adapt it for a white skirt.

This "brightest of outfits" was a great one for me because I am always looking for new ways to wear my (pricey by my standards) blue/pink/white circle print top, and I have a new short-sleeved pink cardigan to wear, too.

From rebeccalately.com

I think my version comes very close in spirit to the original (and yay for utilizing some pieces with a high current cost-per-wear!).


Blue/pink/white circles shell (Nordstrom), $13.00/wear
*Bright pink short-sleeved cardigan (JCP), $15.29/wear
White pencil skirt (Walmart), $4.00/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $14.99/wear
Blue sparkly necklace (Kohls), $1.17/wear

Outfit total: $48.45/wear (whoa!)

And I love me some sparkly goodness.


So wouldn't it be great to accompany this outfit with a photo of an actual magpie?  Alas, it's not to be.  But I do have a jaunty white-breasted nuthatch for your viewing pleasure.  White + blue, it's what all the cool kids are wearing.
 

Oh wait, I do have a photo of a magpie...a magpie harlequin rabbit!


In other news...The scheduler for the urology department isn't back until Wednesday and no one is filling in for her in her absence.  I've been ranting about this situation all day and am tired of even thinking about it.  But it's hard not to think about it because the pain has been pretty damn bad since yesterday evening.  At this rate I'll have to get another bottle of pain killer before the week is out.

But in less grumpy news, I saw a bunny on my drive home!  That's always a treat.

I also enjoyed this article about 24 things that women over the age of 30 should wear.  There is a definite theme here.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Love that list! Haha.

Sally said...

Me too. And it's rare to see a list of recommended actions with 24 items and realize, Hey, I can do that!