Thursday, June 2, 2016

Illness Continues

Now that I'm able to sit at my computer for longer than the 2 minutes it takes to email work that I'm not coming in, I thought I'd catch up with these outfit posts.  (Yay for pre-written content.)

"Having a Ball...Or Not"--Sunday, 5/29/16

I lost my inspiration photo (again) so it's off to Pinterest for a round of Reverse Inspiration.  Here is a good effort, incorporating a black skirt, striped top, and green cardigan.

From fashioninthe9-5.blogspot.com

Because my outfit is more "fashion in the Saturday/Sunday," it has some extra silliness in the form of my stand-by crazy ball necklace and brushstroke patterned flats.


Cropped green cardigan (Macy's), $3.77/wear
*Black and white striped gathered neck top (thrifted, ?), $2.50/wear
Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $4.62/wear
Crazy ball necklace (Macy's), $2.81/wear
Brushstroke flats (Payless), $2.50/wear

Outfit total: $16.20/wear

This cardigan is a bit of a puzzler.  It's got a cropped length and 3/4 length sleeves, perfect for transition seasons like spring/summer, but the fabric is surprisingly warm (acrylic, I think).  Any time that's cool enough for that fabric, I wanted to be wearing long sleeves, you know?  If it were more consistently applicable to warmish or coolish weather, it would be easier to wear.  I think it's time to bid this one farewell and send it off to Goodwill.

No comments: